Middlesbrough Health and Wellbeing Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board (HWBB) has a statutory duty to promote the health and wellbeing of Middlesbrough's communities. Its focus will be on securing the best possible health outcomes for all residents.
To collaborate effectively, the HWBB agree to the following principles:
- The Board should be a different way of working in partnership:
- Shared business - JSNA, Health and Well Being Strategy - high-level performance management.
- Shared priorities - focus on a small number of key priorities to address health inequalities in Middlesbrough.
- Shared approach - ensuring system alignment e.g. commissioning.
- The HWBB is key and must have a genuine influencing role.
- Members of the HWBB will have genuine levels of trust and an open and honest willingness to work collaboratively, with a culture and way of working that creates the conditions for innovation, integration and high performance.
- Communicate, listen and engage with the communities they serve and be representative of the public/patient voice.
- Decisions will be based on evidence and data sharing will be the norm, not the exception.
The role of the HWBB is to:
- provide strategic direction
- ensure all statutory duties are met
- sign off for key documents, i.e. JSNA/JHWBS
- review progress against priorities
- develop a forward work programme
- link with neighbouring authorities across the Tees Valley
- influence joint working between commissioners and providers of health and social care services.
Click here for the Health and Wellbeing Board agenda, minutes and associated papers: